Here is a list of the services we offer at Royal Dental Care
- Same Day Dentistry:
- We are one of the only offices in Gwinnett County with the newest CAD/CAM, or Computer-Aided Design/Computer Aided Manufacturing, groundbreaking technology. We have the ability to create same day crowns, bridges, fillings, onlays, inlays, and even veneers for our patients who may need to replace large amounts of lost tooth structure. This can happen by chipping your tooth, or through extensive decay. Your crown will be custom made, perfectly matching your tooth shade, and shape. CAD/CAM crowns and fillings are designed and manufactured with our CEREC machine, which has the ability to mill your crowns, veneers, bridges, etc. right in our office, and have it all process for you the same day.
- If you have gaps from previously missing teeth, getting a fixed bridge can enhance your smile without needing to resort to removable dentures. Bridges are attached to the teeth on either side of the existing gap, and essentially fills the space with a natural looking tooth replacement. Your bridge will be custom made, matching the shade and shape of your surrounding teeth.
- Dental Implants:
- Dental implants are the longest lasting tooth replacement. Implants can be used to replace one or more teeth, as well as, support removable dentures. During a minor surgical procedure, your dental implant will be placed into the jawbone, filling the previously missing space. Your implant will be left to heal for a period of a few months before the final crown is attached. Throughout this healing period, your implant will fuse to the surrounding bone, mimicking the roots of your teeth.
- Root Canal Treatments
- Root canal treatment is necessary when infection or inflammation develops in the pulp tissue of the tooth which also encases the nerve of the tooth. A tooth that needs endodontic, or root canal, treatment could be sensitive to hot or cold, have discoloration, swelling or tenderness of the tooth or surrounding tissue. Contrary to popular belief, a root canal is no more uncomfortable than receiving a filling. During a root canal treatment, the diseased pulp and the tooth’s nerve is removed. The root canals of your tooth are then cleaned, medicated, and sealed. Once the root canal is complete, a new healthy tooth structure must be put into place to protect and strength the tooth such as a build-up (or large filling) and a crown.
- Oral Cancer Screenings:
- Oral Cancer Screenings are a vital part of our standard of care for all of our patients. Research shows more than 30,000 Americans will be diagnosed with oral cancer every year, and despite what many people often believe, about 25% of those diagnosed are not tobacco users. Our oral cancer screening is the least invasive screening available on the market, and takes only 2-3 minutes. Using our VELscope’s blue light allows dental professionals to see disease that is not visible with the naked eye, which helps us discover oral disease before it can be seen under any other ordinary light.
- When a patient has cavities, it is important to remove the cavity from the tooth, and replace the previously unhealthy tooth structure with a composite filling, or a tooth colored filling. These new resin fillings are virtually unnoticeable by others, but beyond their aesthetic bonus, resin fillings are safer and just as strong as their metal counterparts.
- Routine Cleanings and Preventative Care:
- It is vital for all patients to build an at home regimen but it is crucial to your overall systemic health to maintain constant checkups and cleanings with our dental professionals. Comprehensive dental exams include the detection of cavities, or gum disease
- Clear Correct Aligners:
- ClearCorrect aligners straighten teeth invisibly, without metal braces. These aligners are completely invisibly, and have the ability to show off your smile without people noticing you are even wearing them. ClearCorrect is removable, and you can eat whatever you like. There are no wires to get in the way when you floss, or to trap food.
- Cosmetic Services:
- We offer an array of cosmetic services from professional in house teeth whitening, to porcelain veneers. For any cosmetic fix, we are happy to have you in our office to perform a consultation to determine the best possible treatment options to perfect and further beautify your smile.
- Dental Laser:
- Soft tissue lasers can be used as a component of periodontal, or gum, treatment, and has the ability to kill bacteria and activate the re-growth of the soft tissues. Most people experience virtually no postoperative pain following the use of a laser, due to the soft tissue laser sealing blood vessels and nerve endings. The soft tissue laser allows tissues to heal faster, and can also be used in conjunction with gingival, or gum, sculpting procedures.
- Intra Oral Camera:
- With the use of an intra-oral camera, our staff has the ability to take pictures of the inside of your mouth, and of specific teeth, or gums, and put your pictures up on the TV screen, which we have equipped in every room in our state of the art office. This gives our patients an up-close understanding of different diagnoses that our doctor may recommend.
- Digital Smile Design:
- The Digital Smile System is a software that allows our staff to digitally design a smile for you by taking a picture of your current smile, and with new and updated technology, we are able to digitally alter your smile based on your unique anatomy, smile, and other facial features. We are able to give you a unique preview of the cosmetic result with this new technology, and also allow you to be a part of the design process.
- Digital X-rays
- In order to diagnose any potential problems, we must take an x-ray to be able to see the underlying structure of the toot and the surrounding area. In our office, instead of traditional x-rays, we use digital x-rays. This ensures the patient is far more comfortable than with traditional x-rays. This also safeguards the patient from additional and unnecessary radiation exposure. Additionally, there is absolutely no processing time and your x-rays are available to diagnose from immediately.
- We are a completely digital office with the most up to date software and technology. We offer digital x-rays, a 3D CT Scan machine, CEREC crowns bridges and veneers, the ability to make night guards whitening trays and retainers directly in our office, and a completely digital system.